Did you know What fruits can dogs eat? And it’s not just that they can, they should eat them! They provide you with a multitude of nutrients and vitamins that are beneficial to your health, so … why not include them in your diet? Read on to find out which fruits dogs can eat and which ones they like the most.
As you already know, fruits are not only delicious but also very healthy. And this is so for you as well as for your furry. Just as we try to increase our consumption of what fruits and vegetables dogs can eatin the diet, we should also do it with our pet. Its benefits are incredible but we must take into account which ones are good for them and which ones are better to avoid. In addition, we must also have possible allergies, so we recommend that you gradually incorporate each fruit; offers a new one every day to be able to detect if it feels bad and easily knows what fruit it was.
What fruits can dogs eat and what are their benefits?
There are a lot of options to include in your furry’s diet, so many that you could make him an authentic fruit salad, varied and different every day. You will only have to take into account a few things to avoid making them feel bad or be harmful to their health. The first thing, take care of the quantities ;
It is not good to give them too much fruit a day, it is better to use them as a reward or dessert. The second and most important thing, you should always remove the seeds, the bones and the heart of the fruit, as they are detrimental to the dog’s health; in some you must also remove the peel, as in banana, kiwi, orange, melon and watermelon.
We tell you some details of the best fruits can dogs eat, their benefits, and the appropriate daily dose; Keep in mind that if you mix several fruits, you must reduce the amount of each one. In addition, you must also take into account the size of your dog to adjust the pieces.
- One of the best fruits for dogs. Rich in a multitude of vitamins such as vitamin A, C, B, E and K, minerals and easy to digest.
- The heart and the seeds are toxic.
- 1-3 slices
- Rich in vitamin C and E and antioxidants. It has a high percentage of water and is low in calories, making it ideal for obese dogs and in the summer months to improve hydration.
- 1-3 slices
- With vitamin B, C and E and minerals such as potassium, which strengthens the bones. It is not as easy to digest as other fruits that dogs can eat, so mild diarrhea may be normal; if you spot this, simply remove this fruit from their menu. In addition, it has a lot of sugar and in large quantities it can cause constipation so, although it is a favorite of dogs, it is better to offer it occasionally.
- 2-4 slices
Peach and Apricot
- A very complete fruit that provides vitamin A, C B1, B6 and B12 and minerals.
- Remove the bone to prevent choking.
Melon and Watermelon
- Ideal to refresh and give your furry extra hydration in summer, but without overdoing it. Watermelon is much lighter, as it has a high water content, making it perfect for dogs that need to control their weight.
- ½ – 1 slice
- Rich in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. It is another of the fruits that dogs can eat and, in addition, it is one of their favorites. They are very nutritious but also acidic and with considered sugar content, so do not use them daily in the diet.
- 2-6 pieces
Blueberries and Raspberries
- With a multitude of antioxidants and vitamins that protect against cellular aging. Perfect for occasional treats.
- 2- 6 pieces as a prize
Mango and Papaya
- Exotic fruits are sweet, soft and very tasty, which is why they are one of those that dogs like the most. But, in addition, they are the healthiest; they provide fiber and vitamins.
- It has a lot of fiber and vitamins B1, B6 and C. Although it is one of the fruits that dogs can eat and is very beneficial for their health, you should offer it in moderation.
- With fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
- 1- 3 slices
- Although you can offer it from time to time, it is a very citrus fruit and can make you feel bad and give you diarrhea. If you want to include it in your dog’s diet, try offering it to him and if he digests it well and doesn’t feel bad, go ahead! but with moderation.
But … what fruits can dogs not eat
Dogs can eat almost any fruit but we must be careful with the following:
- The grapes or raisins are difficult to digest and can cause kidney damage.
- The gooseberries are toxic and, although no outward symptoms they can cause kidney failure.
- The cherries can give them, but the bone is very dangerous because it contains cyanide (equal to that of plums and apricots ). If you want to offer once in a while, be sure to remove the bone.
- The avocado does not digest well. It contains a substance called persin that is toxic to dogs, cats, horses, and some birds.
Now that you know what fruits dogs can eat, start incorporating them into your furry’s diet so that they can get all their benefits. Remember to remove the seeds when necessary and give them small portions a day.
Remember that apart from fruits, your dog must eat good food, so we recommend that you take a look at this article on natural feed .
And you, do you give your dog fruits? Tell us which ones you like the most!
[countup date=-0 origin=last-visit]
Related post will apear after 20 sec: [timer][/countup][/timed-content-client] [timed-content-client show=”0:20″] [/timed-content-client]